Pages

m

.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Turnip Turn UP

Today my students were picking out books from our classroom library. "Rodney" (name changed to protect identity) was particularly excited about the book he found, Digger Pig and the Turnip, by Caron Lee Cohen.

Rodney: Ms. Wilson! Look at what I got. This gon be guuud.

Me: Oh cool! How do you know it's going to be so great? Have you read it before?

Rodney: No, I just looked at the title

Me: Hmm (I examined the book) Do you even know what a turnip is?

Rodney: Yeah, I think the pig finna have a party cuz turnip is when people be like "turn up turn up turn up! (Rodney does an awkward dance movement as he says this. Then, he proceeds to dance all over the library repeating him self..."turn up turn up turn up!")

I can't.


Just to clarify, this is NOT a turnip!
Ding Ding DIng!

For those of you who are not as well-versed in street lingo as Rodney is, click here to view the meaning of "Turn UP", as defined by UrbanDictionary.com

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I guess they don't have a community garden at the school or a farmers market nearby? SMH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this is great! Turnip, TurnUP time! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE reading your thoughts and comments! Be sure to FOLLOW this blog I'll be sure to return the love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...