Pages

m

.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Audacity to Soar

A lot of people have been asking about my recent adventure. Last weekend, I went Skydiving. Yes, I jumped my black behind out of a plane (tandem of course). 14,000 feet up in the air. The first 2.5 minutes was a free fall..pure adrenaline rush. Then, the parachute went up and I floated for about 7 minutes. It was so peaceful from then on. The quietest quiet I've ever heard...and not just because my ears were plugged from the air pressure.



People have different opinions about my skydiving adventure. Some are just as excited as I am. Some say I'm crazy and they would never do such a thing. All in all, I think its an experience like no other and I don't regret any of it. I'm so happy I did it. It's not necessarily the act of jumping out of the plane, its the excitement of knowing that I accomplished something that I set out to do. About 8 months ago (as I anticipated graduating from college), I started a list... of all the BIG things I want to do in life. Skydiving was on it. So when the plane was at about 12,000 feet up, I did three things- first I checked to make sure the harness what tight and I was securely strapped to Mike, my skydiving instructor. Second, I took a DEEP ass breath and prayed that I would be safe. And finally, I smiled. Peacefully. With confidence. With pride. When Mike said "let's go," I squatted, as I had been taught, arched my back and went soaring amongst the clouds.


Skydiving is not for everyone and I am not suggesting that everyone go jumping out of a plane. But dammit, set a goal that others might find too intimidating, too daring, impossible even. Then, have the gumption to accomplish that goal. Have the nerve to step out of your comfort zone. Have the audacity to soar amongst the clouds.
You only get one life....live it. and learn.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're crazy girl! You are so much braver than I am. Cool pictures cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm one of the "this ain't for me" type of people...but im glad you accomplish yet another one of your goals, and that you are safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

LOVE reading your thoughts and comments! Be sure to FOLLOW this blog I'll be sure to return the love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...