Pages

m

.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Don't Quit

I'm finally done with recovery...I had to have a blood transfusion and emergency surgery for a ruptured cyst on my ovaries. Yeah, it was kinda scary. Luckily, I'm fine...doctor was able to save my ovaries. My insides are in tact.


So I'm back to training for this 1/2 marathon. I started training a few days ago, which was really frustrating. When I was training before (pre-surgery) I got into a good routine...my body was used to running, I was increasing mileage, my time was improving. But 3 weeks of rest took my body out of that mode...almost completely. It was so hard to run 2 miles! So I started feeling a little discouraged. I'm not gonna lie... I started to doubt myself. Then I was hearing negative things from other people. I fed into that for a little bit and started to convince myself that I shouldn't do this. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe my cyst ruptured for a reason. Maybe I'm not cut out for this after all.

But of course, I thought back to the reason I started this journey in the first place and how excited I was to be doing something for someone who did so much for others. I gathered up my courage and remembered "Don't Quit,"- a poem that has gotten me through the worst of times.



So I've realized that, realistically, I probably won't be able to complete this 1/2 marathon the way I wanted to. But the most important part is that I WILL complete it. If I have to walk, skip, hop, or crawl across that finish line...I will do it.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE reading your thoughts and comments! Be sure to FOLLOW this blog I'll be sure to return the love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...